Assistant Study Manager (Contract) for Connect Study - Rockville, Maryland
The Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics seeks an assistant study manager to provide support for the Connect Study, a new prospective epidemiologic cohort. The assistant study manager will be assigned to the Connect Study Coordinating Center, which focuses on the day-to-day management of the new cohort. This contract position will be based 100 percent on this effort.
The study will enroll 150,000-200,000 adults from a diverse group of health care systems across the U.S. Consented participants will provide data and biospecimens at baseline and repeatedly during follow up. Follow-up via tumor registries and electronic medical records will capture information for diagnoses of new cancers and its precursors. The healthcare and online study setting will be dynamic and highly interactive, facilitating additional exposure assessments (e.g. using new technologies such as monitoring devices).
Specific duties will include:
- Assist the study manager with coordination of contracted health care sites, central biorepository, internal IT/data systems development team, and other entities to accomplish core objectives.
- Assist the study manager to establish standardized infrastructure and procedures for recruitment and follow-up while accommodating site-specific requirements.
- Assist with drafting and maintaining standard operating procedures for all study operations including recruitment, biospecimen collection, transfer of electronic health record data, tissue transfer, and other study components.
- Support questionnaire development.
- Maintain communications by organizing meetings and teleconferences, agendas and meeting notes, actions items and decision logs, and tracking and responding to issues requiring resolution.
- Report on metrics of participant recruitment, retention, and follow-up as well as data receipt, completeness, and quality (i.e. questionnaire and electronic medical records) and biological specimen collection.
- Assist in development of plans for site visits for training and monitoring project implementation.
- Help to maintain a project management plan encompassing planning, tracking, execution, and completion of activities for all tasks.
- Assist with internal information flow within the Division on the study's progress, such as updating the Division intranet site and responding to inquiries from investigators.
- Maintain administrative access rights to the study’s file sharing system.
- Prepare presentations, reports, and manuscript writing as needed.
- Oversee management of all study-related approvals (e.g. IRB).
- Assist with compiling data needed for budget planning.
- Order supplies and coordinate delivery to field sites.
- Occasional air travel to locations across the U.S. for site visits.
- Other duties as required.
- Required: B.A./B.S. and prior study management experience
- Preferred: M.P.H./M.A./M.S. or at least five years of project management experience
- Preferred: Experience in government or academic health research
- Must demonstrate a history of proven success in study management.
- Highly detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills (email, written, and verbal)
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team with varying skill levels and to liaise with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work independently and seek guidance appropriately.
- Ability to assist with both routine and/or last-minute projects.
- Experience with PowerPoint, Excel, and flowcharting system such as Visio.
Interested individuals in this contract position should send a cover letter detailing qualifications, resume, and curriculum vitae via email to Michelle Brotzman, Connect study manager.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.