Research Engagement Specialist (Contractor Position) for Connect Study, Rockville, Maryland
The Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics (DCEG) seeks a research engagement specialist to create and direct processes that support DCEG research investigators with strategies for engagement and retention of human study participants in epidemiological research.
This contract position will manage the Recruitment and Retention Program for DCEG, specifically, for a large, prospective, epidemiologic cohort. The position will be responsible for being the lead on the development of recruitment strategies and tools based on best practices, evidence, and multi-disciplinary stakeholder interest, and providing services to support DCEG investigators in meeting their study participant enrollment and retention goals. The specialist will coordinate and maintain a high level of communication within DCEG and with external partners to ensure that program deliverables are met. The specialist will work under the direction of the study manager to establish meaningful metrics to demonstrate the impact the Program is having and measure success of various initiatives. The specialist will ensure that research activities support the ethical conduct of research studies, as well as compliance with GCPs, federal regulations, and partner policies and procedures.
- Develop recruitment and retention plans for the Connect Study—a next-generation cohort to study the etiology and natural history of cancer.
- Collaborate closely with partners to design and execute engagement and retention initiatives.
- Recommend best practices to include underrepresented populations.
- Manage advertising campaigns, including creating and distributing marketing materials, educating partner staff, and tracking success metrics.
- Manage social media as part of study participant recruitment and retention strategies.
- Provide assistance in submissions of recruitment and retention materials for IRB approvals as required.
- Provide recruitment and retention education for DCEG and partner audiences.
- Develop recruitment/retention tools, templates, and resources to be used with study teams.
- Collaborate with investigators and study sponsors pursuant to the dissemination of research results back to the participant population.
- Provide consultation and support researchers with the development of customized comprehensive recruitment and retention plans and provide feedback on existing recruitment plans utilizing expert knowledge of which techniques are most effective based on population, study specific details, and budget.
- Collect data as identified in the evaluation plan for consultations with the goal being regular review of feedback and immediate incorporation of this feedback into consult
- Master’s degree with major course work in an appropriate health, social or technical field, at least four years of related work experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Program evaluation and and/or research design and analysis experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience balancing needs of multiple stakeholders and competing interests
- Ability to read and synthesize scientific literature on recruitment and retention practices
- Demonstrated experience leading participant recruitment and retention activities
- Must work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Must be highly skilled with Microsoft Office software
- Position may require occasional travel.
- Experience working with a variety of health-related community organizations, health provider organizations, clinicians, and/or academicians
Individuals interested in this contract position should send a cover letter detailing qualifications, resume, and curriculum vitae via email to Mia Gaudet, Ph.D., Connect senior scientist. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.