Building a Diverse Workforce
DCEG has a long-standing commitment to the recruitment, retention, and development of a diverse group of investigators and trainees. These efforts are led by Jackie Lavigne, Ph.D., M.P.H., Chief of the Office of Education, who oversees training and career development for fellows and various levels of scientific staff. Dr. Lavigne received the NCI Leading Diversity Award in 2015 for her work with trainee populations underrepresented in the sciences.
Learn more about our efforts to build a diverse workforce.
- Learn about our Women Scientist Advisors
- Inclusivity Minute: Monthly messages to staff with information and resources
- Video: Jackie Lavigne discusses DCEG job opportunities for the Society for the Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science Conference
- Video: Occupational exposures and cancer risk: Women are not just small men. Dr. Melissa Friesen discusses her research at an Environmental Exposures and Women's Health seminar.
Resources for Fellows
- DCEG fellows complete Diversity Career Development Program
- Learn about the Sallie Rosen Kaplan Postdoctoral Fellowship for Women Scientists
- Video: Former DCEG fellow Dr. Ashley Felix discusses her work as an epidemiologist to identify risk factors for cancer in women
High School Students
DCEG supports NIH summer enrichment program for high school students: