Human Telomeres Genetics, Evolution and the Cancer-Atherosclerosis Trade-off - Dr. Abraham Aviv
August 8, 2019 | 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
NCI Shady Grove TE 110 Rockville, MD
Abraham Aviv, M.D., Director,
Department of Pediatrics,
The Center of Human Development and Aging
Rutgers New Jersey Medical School
• Mammalian telomere length/telomerase evolution
• Human telomere length and the cancer-atherosclerosis trade-off
• The biological meaning of leukocyte telomere length (LTL)
• Why is LTL shorter in whites of European ancestry than in African Americans?
• LTL in sub-Saharan Africans
• Ramifications (different propensities of African Americans and whites to cancer and atherosclerosis)
Join DCEG Webex Meeting
Meeting number (access code): 730 511 678
Meeting password: DCEGseminar1!
JOIN FROM A VIDEO SYSTEM OR APPLICATION
Or, dial 220.127.116.11 and enter your meeting number.
JOIN BY PHONE
Can't join the meeting? Contact support.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this Webex service allows audio and other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. You should inform all meeting attendees prior to recording if you intend to record the meeting.