DCEG is the world’s largest cancer epidemiology research group. Our renowned international research program includes epidemiologists, geneticists, biostatisticians, clinicians, and laboratory scientists who conduct multidisciplinary research to study risk factors, from workplace exposures to lifestyle choices.
DCEG is uniquely able to conduct research projects that:
- Are high risk
- Provide a rapid response to emerging public health or scientific issues
- Require an interdisciplinary approach
- Need long-term commitments of funding and scientific staff
- Might go unattended by groups without a national and international reach
Meet DCEG Fellows who have participated in NCI leadership training programs:
Our 70+ postdoctoral fellows come from over 20 countries and are critical members of our research program.
Learn more about the other advantages of being a DCEG fellow, including our distinctive research environment, mentorship, professional development, compensation and benefits, and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Postdoctoral fellows are eligible for a number of leadership training opportunities while at the NCI, including the Sallie Rosen Kaplan (SRK) Postdoctoral Fellowships for Women Scientists and the NCI Diversity Career Development Program (DCDP).
Fellowship training is up to five years under the supervision of DCEG scientists. In order to be eligible, an applicant must:
- Have an M.D. or doctoral degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, genetics, or other related research fields, or be pursuing a degree in these areas.
- Have less than five years of relevant postdoctoral (or equivalent) experience.
- Be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or foreign national eligible for a training visa.
How to Apply
We look forward to receiving your application for a postdoctoral fellowship in DCEG. Learn more about our application process, including how to find potential mentors and openings with specific investigators.
The DCEG Office of Education oversees the Division’s fellowship programs. E-mail or call (240) 276-7270 if you have questions.