The R package provides individual risks of lung cancer and lung cancer death based on various published papers: Bach et al., 2003; Spitz et al., 2007; Cassidy et al., 2008 (LLP); Hoggart et al., 2012; Tammemagi et al., 2013; Marcus et al., 2015 (LLPi); Wilson and Weissfeld, 2015 (Pittsburgh); Katki et al., 2016 (LCRAT, LCDRAT, and versions constrained to a few variables); Katki et al., 2018. This package also estimates the Life Years Gained From Screening-CT (LYFS-CT) as per Cheung et al., 2019. It requires the same variables as LCDRAT plus 12 additional comorbidities and the year of patient assessment.
Download Software (v4.0.3):
- Windows O/S: lcmodels.zip
- Linux: lcmodels.tar.gz
- The Excel tool provides individual risks of lung cancer incidence (LCRAT), lung cancer death (LCDRAT), and life-gained from screening with CT (LYFS-CT) based on Katki et al., 2016 and Cheung et al., 2019.
Download Excel tool: lcrisks_tool.xlsx.
- Bach PB, Kattan MW, Thornquist MD, et al. Variations in lung cancer risk among smokers. J Natl Cancer Inst 2003;95:470-8.
- Spitz MR, Hong WK, Amos CI, et al. A risk model for prediction of lung cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst 2007;99:715-26.
- Cassidy A, Myles JP, van Tongeren M, et al. The LLP risk model: An individual risk prediction model for lung cancer. Br J Cancer 2008;98:270-6.
- Hoggart C, Brennan P, Tjonneland A, et al. A risk model for lung cancer incidence. Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 2012;5:834-46.
- Tammemagi MC, Katki HA, Hocking WG, et al. Selection criteria for lung-cancer screening. N Engl J Med 2013;368:728-36.
- Marcus MW, Chen Y, Raji OY, Duffy SW, Field JK. LLPi: Liverpool lung project risk prediction model for lung cancer incidence. Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 2015;8:570-5.
- Wilson DO, Weissfeld J. A simple model for predicting lung cancer occurrence in a lung cancer screening program: The Pittsburgh predictor. Lung Cancer 2015;89:31-37.
- Katki HA, Kovalchik SA, Berg CD, Cheung LC, Chaturvedi AK. Development and validation of risk models to select ever-smokers for CT lung cancer screening. JAMA 2016;315:2300-11. doi: 10.1001/jama.2016.6255.
- Katki HA, Kovalchik SA, Petito LC, Cheung LC, Jacobs E, Jemal A, Berg CD, Chaturvedi AK. Implications of nine risk prediction models for selecting ever-smokers for computed tomography lung cancer screening. Ann Intern Med 2018; doi: 10.7326/M17-2701.
- Cheung LC, Berg CD, Castle PE, Katki HA, Chaturvedi AK. Life-gained-based versus risk-based selection of smokers for lung cancer screening. Ann Intern Med 2019; doi: 107326/M19-1263