Researchers and Collaborators for Chernobyl Research
Chernobyl Accident: Radiation and Health Effects
Chernobyl Research Program, Radiation Epidemiology Branch (REB)
- Stephen Chanock, M.D.
- Michael Dean, Ph.D.
- Meredith Yeager, Ph.D., Scientific Director (Contractor), Cancer Genomics Research (CGR) Laboratory
- Amy Hutchinson, M.S., Director of Operations (Contractor), CGR
- Mark Little, D.Phil.
- Rui Zhang, M.S.
- Kathleen Stine, M.B.A.
- Stewart Finch, M.D. – Hematology
- Robert McConnell, M.D. – Endocrinology
- Robert Reiss, M.D. – Hematology
- Lydia Zablotska, M.D., Ph.D. – Epidemiology
Research Institute of Endocrinology & Metabolism, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Mykola Tronko, M.D., Ph.D. – Director
- Valeriy Tereshchenko, M.D., Ph.D. – Project Director, Epidemiology
- Tatiana Bogdanova, Ph.D. – Pathology
- Viktor Shpak – Data Management
Republican Research Center of Radiation Medicine & Human Ecology, Gomel, Belarus
- Alexander Rozhko, M.D., Ph.D. – Director
- Eldar Nadyrov, M.D., Ph.D. – Deputy Director, Pathology
- Vasilina Yauseyenka, Ph.D. – Epidemology
- Victor Minenko, Ph.D. – Dosimetry
- Ilya Veyalkin, Ph.D. – Epidemiology
Research Center for Radiation Medicine, Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Dimitry A. Bazyka, M.D. – Director
- Anatoly Ye Romanenko, M.D. – Honorary Director
- Natalia A. Gudzenko, M.D., Ph.D. – Epidemiology
- Vadim V. Chumak, Ph.D. – Dosimetry
- Yuriy Belayev – Data Management
Dr. Elaine Ron (1943-2010), NCI, provided extraordinary leadership and helped shape and oversee the NCI-Chernobyl program.
Dr. Geoffrey Howe (1943-2006), Columbia University, made invaluable contributions.
Dr. Daniel Fink (1948-2007), Columbia University, was instrumental in designing the protocol for analyzing laboratory samples.
Dr. Gilbert Beebe (1912-2003), NCI, Dr. Jacob Robbins (1923-2008), NIDDK, and Dr.Terry Thomas (1948-2002), NCI, were involved from the earliest days following the accident and continued to provide scientific input until the time of their respective deaths.